Thursday, December 11, 2008

How Great Is Your God?

There is this old hymn "How Great Thou Art" which I have been singing since young. Carrie Underwood sung it so beautifully in this video. There's another song which I like very much: "How Great Is Our God" written by Chris Tomlin, performed here by Hillsong. Every time I sing these songs, my spirit gets lifted up praising my great God.

However, let me ask you, "HOW GREAT IS YOUR GOD?"

My God has forgiven all my sins. (Psalm 103:3)
My God has taken away all my diseases. (Psalm 103:3)
My God protects me and my family from all danger. (Psalm 91: 3-7)
My God answers my cry for help. (Psalm 91:15)
My God crowns me with lovingkindness and tender mercies. (Psalm 103:4)
My God satisfies me with good and renews my youth. (Psalm 103:5)
My God blesses me with a long life. (Psalm 91:16)
My God prospers me. (Jer 29:11)

WHAT DOES YOUR GOD DO?

Have you been told God forgave only the sins before you became a Christian are forgiven?
Have you been told after you became a Christian, God forgives your sins only when you confess?
Have you been told God will disown you (i.e. you can "lose your salvation") if you continue sinning (i.e. "sin wilfully") after you become a Christian?

If that is true, HOW GREAT IS YOUR GOD?

My God says He will never leave me nor forsake me. (Deut 31:6,8 , Joshua 1:5, Heb 13:5)
My God says He will never ever remember any of sins in my entire life because they have ALL been forgiven when Jesus paid the price for me on the cross. (Heb 10:8-10, 15-17)


Have you been told God doesn't perform divine healing anymore?
Have you been told God sometimes heals and sometimes He doesn't because it is His sovereign will?

If that is true, HOW GREAT IS YOUR GOD?

My God says that Jesus healed ALL who came to him when he was on earth, and he is the same yesterday, today and forever. (Luke 6:17-19, Heb 13:8)
My God says that Jesus has borne ALL my diseases. (Isaiah 53:5, 1 Peter 2:24-25)


Have you been told accidents happen, that "the Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord"?

If that is true, HOW GREAT IS YOUR GOD?

My God says He did not say that; Job was the one who said it. (Job 1:20-21)
My God says He sends His angels to protect you. (Psalm 91:11-12)


Have you been told God did not promise that He will make you materially rich?
Have you been told it is ungodly or worldly to think of getting rich?

Is that is true, HOW GREAT IS YOUR GOD?

My God says that it is He who makes us very rich. (Deut 8:18)
My God says that He made His friend Abraham very rich. (Gen 13:2, Gen 24:34-35)
My God says that He made Abraham's son, Issac very rich. (Gen 26:12-13)
My God says that He made Abraham's grandson, Jacob very rich. (Gen 30:43)
My God says that He made us very rich through His Son, Jesus. (2 Cor 8:9)


Have you been told God can't do this or God can't do that?
If that is true, HOW GREAT IS YOUR GOD?

My God says He is El-Shaddai, GOD ALMIGHTY! (Gen 17:1)
There is nothing my God cannot do.

HOW GREAT IS MY GOD!

How great is our God .....
sing with me How great is our God .....
and all will see How great ...
how great is our God .....

Name above all names ...
Worthy of all praise ...
My heart will sing
How great is our God .....

3 comments:

cybeRanger said...

Congrats!
Your blog has been rewarded @
http://bestchristianblogoftheweek.blogspot.com/

Stanley Wong said...

Hi cybeRanger,

Thanks for your encouragement :-)

Malcolm Loh said...

congrats stan!

welcome to the "club", of which angie, geri and steph are also members...