Friday, January 2, 2009

Believe and Be Blessed

I've started on my journey to finish reading the New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs in 365 days (those who wish to join me can click on the panda at the top right corner to start). In today's reading of Luke 1, two verses especially caught my eye: v38 and v45.

38 Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And then the angel left her.

45 You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.”

In Luke 1:28, the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary and said to her,“Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you!”. He goes on in v30 telling Mary not to be afraid "for you have found favor with God!"

This is really great news when an angel of the Lord tells you that you have found favour with God but all this will result in nothing if you don't believe it. Mary believed and she was blessed.

At this start of the new year, Pastor Joseph Prince, a servant of God has brought us this message of God: 2009 is the acceptable year of the Lord, the year of the Lord's favour profusely abounding on us.

Do you want to believe and be blessed?

2Corinthians 6:2 (NIV)
2For he says,
"In the time of my favor I heard you,
and in the day of salvation I helped you."
I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.


No comments: