Friday, May 15, 2009

"Jeffrey-ism" (1) - Christianity Is Not About ... But ...

It's going to take me a while more to tackle QT8 and QT9 (I'm doing both together as both points are related or rather essentially the same) but meanwhile, I would like to introduce to you some wise observations from my dear friend, Jeffrey.

Jeffrey likes to sms me every once in a while with his observations regarding the gospel (that is his way of "blogging" ;-)), and I really like them because they tend to be short and sharp and hit the nail on the head or as in a Chinese idiom - "一针见血" (drawing blood with just one poke of a needle).

Enjoy Jeffrey-ism (1) (with a little bit of editing and one addition on my part):


Christianity is not about doctrine BUT relationship.

Christianity is not about something we do BUT Someone we know.

Christianity is not about following guidelines BUT following our Guide.

Christianity is not about bearing fruit BUT abiding in the vine.

Christianity is not about dying to self BUT self having died with Christ on the cross.

Christianity is not about doing God's will BUT God's will, Jesus, living in us.

Christianity is not about eternal life after we die BUT living the eternal life now.


"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." (John 17:3, NKJV)

No comments: