Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Grace United

petersze

The lovely couple in the picture above came to my stall last night :-) Peter Sze and his wife are from KL (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the sake of those not familiar with Southeast Asia) and they came to Singapore for a 2-day visit yesterday. I am so honoured that they squeezed me into their itinerary and dropped by my stall last night, together with Peter’s sister-in-law and her two kids.

I “met” Peter on facebook not long ago through our network of friends comprising mostly of Christians who embrace the gospel of grace. It is so amazing that even though we (the network of friends) are from different countries and time zones, we are able to connect with one another through facebook or our blogs and share in the joy of the gospel. Indeed, our true connection is GRACE … technology is just a facilitator.

However, while technology is helpful, it still can’t beat real face-to-face interaction. That is why it is such a joy to see Peter and his wife in person and be able to chat and laugh together. It is also why our “Tao Suan Fellowship” is meeting again next week at my stall; which is also what Hebrews 10:25 encourages - “let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.”

The friends in TSF are all connected in and through Grace. It started with us commenting on one another’s blogs, and then Malcolm came to visit me at my stall, and later Jeffrey also popped by … and then we decided “hey, why not organize a little gathering so that we can meet one another face-to-face for the first time?”, and later we decided “hey, why not meet again?” and the TSF evolved from there, with more and more new faces added :-).

rabbi w publicans

I heard from Kat that Alan Hiu, who lives in Kuching, Sarawak, will be coming to Singapore soon and she will be bringing him to my stall for a face-to-face meeting and of course, a taste of my desserts. By the way, Peter and his family ordered some of my desserts and I intended to give them a treat BUT Peter and his wife insisted on paying. They said they came specially to bless me, and insisted that they want to pay, quickly stuffing two $10 notes into my hands; in fact, they overpaid! (their orders actually were less than $10) Oh, how grace overflows … they remind me of how our Daddy God overpaid the penalty of our sins with his Son, Jesus.

I wonder if we should rename our TSF as “Grace United” ….

4 comments:

Kat said...

Hi Stan,
I love this post, so warm and sweet...and so befitting of your pet name, Ice Kachang Man..:)
Yes, I second your proposal to change TSF to Grace United!

Chinedu said...

Yes Stan. The Gospel unites us. It looks like all grace people on-line are somehow connected to each other.
I love the Jesus family, I love this grace family.

Malcolm Loh said...

grace united it shall be :-)

Angie said...

Yes yes yes! Grace United!

p/s: can someone remember to take a pic this Tuesday? :D We missed the one at the BBQ while having so much fun :p