Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It Has Expired! - by Bro Alan Hiu

I read Bro Alan Hiu's newly set-up Chinese blog, and I really love his latest post entitled "It has expired!" (title translated from Chinese). I thought of translating this article into English so that more people can enjoy this fresh food that he's dishing out but Bro Alan informed me that the Chinese article is actually a translation of the English original which he wrote in June last year.

Nevertheless, I love Bro Alan's analogy of the expiry dates printed on food products to illustrate why we should not feed on the old covenant of the Law which has expired ... you can read the English article here and the Chinese one here.

2 comments:

Alan Hiu said...

This analogy was given by the Lord while my previous "CELL" leader was teaching, about 6 years ago. The Lord said, "Son, these food had been expired...." and I saw a label on a pack of milk. (Still milk, not meat... hahaha!)

Remember what Peter said when the Lord asked him to preach to Cornelius? I asked the same question like Peter too: "Is that you, LORD?" Hey, the Lord was speaking contradictorily to my leader...? How can...?

Of course I believed the Lord not the leader... I was set free from that moment and here I'm.

Indeed we are all free and blessed!

Blessing...

Stanley Wong said...

Amen bro!

The Holy Spirit is our greatest teacher ... even when pastors speak, the Holy Spirit will tell us whether He is agreeable with what the pastor said!

Recently, a famous guest speaker from the US spoke at NCC, and the Holy Spirit in me discerned that what he spoke was not correct, I did not feel fed for that service. Later, I talked with several other people and they all felt the same.

"No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest." Hebrews 10:11