Friday, July 3, 2009

Musings of the Ice Kacang Man (3)

[DessertTree[8].jpg]

continuing from Part 2 of my post …

9. Customers who order from my stall because it is near their seats

I have served quite a few customers who ordered from me just because they were sitting at the tables just outside my stall. Hopefully, some of them will come back as my regulars after they have tasted my desserts for the first time.

I suspect that one of the main reasons for Christians to attend a particular church is that the church is near their homes or at least conveniently accessible. That’s why it is so important for NCC to have a convenient location for its services.

Presently, NCC is at Suntec City which is near the Central Business District and the shopping belt, and more importantly, near City Hall MRT station. In a few years’ time, NCC will be moving to One-North at Buona Vista and crucially, it is next to the Buona Vista MRT station and will also be served by a station on the upcoming Circle Line. It is also near the Ghim Moh HDB estate, Singapore Polytechnic and also the Biopolis, a large catchment area where hopefully NCC will attract some of them to listen to the gospel of grace for the first time, and then come back for more.


10. Customers who order from my stall after they could not get what they wanted from the first stall

I have seen for myself how some customers walk over to my stall and order from me AFTER they ordered from the first stall some desserts which they didn’t have.

Likewise, I know of quite a few NCC members who came from other churches to NCC because they could not find the answers they were searching for in their previous churches. Some of them were even disillusioned with Christianity until they came to NCC and found the gospel of grace. They are now able to see God as well as the scriptures in a different light through the anointed sermons.

Conversely, there are also people who have left NCC for other churches because they cannot accept the grace message. They are still looking for something to do to justify themselves and score points with God but they can’t find that in NCC.


11. Customers who order only take-away

I have a few regular customers who order only take-away. They do not eat at the hawker centre. It is always best to eat the ice desserts fresh because the texture of the ice is softer and you can also see the presentation of the dish (see top picture for examples). For take-away, what you’ll get is a plastic container with everything stuffed tightly inside because the ice has to be compacted to slow down the melting process.

Similarly, for whatever reason, there are people who listen to NCC’s sermons on CDs but do not attend the church services. It is good that they are getting the right feeding but it will be even better for them to come to church and experience the message live, and see and hear things that cannot be reproduced in the CD. Anyway, Heb 10:25 does remind us to meet together so that we can encourage one another.


12. Non-customers who simply don’t like me

Sad to say, there are people who refuse to buy from me simply because they don’t like me (for whatever reason). God bless them!

But I guess I am in good company … I know of some people who refuse to come to NCC because they don’t like Pastor Prince. I have also read quite a few blogs who attack Pastor Prince on a personal basis and reject the gospel of grace because of Pastor Prince. God bless them!


This is all I have for now, and if some of you think that I am a tad too proud because of my confidence in the quality of my desserts, then let me just say that I take pride in my work and I am not shamed to say that my desserts taste Gooooooooooood!

Sounds familiar? Someone said something like that centuries ago …

For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.” Rom 1:16

3 comments:

joshen said...

Praise God for that.. Haha... oh btw, some of your umm.. "poster" things with cute characters are blocked by the rest.. may need rearrangement..

and guess what the word verification is ? "Blessess" xD

Many Blessess to you !

Stanley Wong said...

Hi Joshen,
I calibrated by site to fit my 19" monitor so some of the thingies may not display so well on a smaller screen, sori. I try n adjust a bit :-)

Kat said...

Hi IK man,
Your desserts definitely taste better eaten fresh, even though I have to travel far and wide just to eat at your stall ;)
When NCC moves to Buona Vista, i have to travel far and wide to go and listen to the Word fresh but it is still worth it!