Monday, November 23, 2009

The Cruise

Harry and Sally were walking down the street when they noticed a huge sign outside a travel agency: "Free tickets for a cruise to Hawaii". Harry looked at Sally and said,"This is too good to be true. It must be a scam." Sally said,"Well, let's check it out anyway."

They stepped into the travel agency and before they could say anything, a pretty young lady stuffed two tickets into their hands and said,"Be at the wharf by 9a.m. tomorrow. The ship sails off at 10.00a.m."


The next day, Harry and Sally arrived at the wharf at 9a.m., and sure enough, a cruise ship was docked there with a long queue of people boarding it. They joined the queue and before long were on board and in their assigned cabin. At exactly 10a.m., the ship's horn sounded and the ship set off on its journey to Hawaii. As Harry looked at the distant horizon through the cabin window, he said,"Sally, this is unbelievable! I can't believe that we are really on our way to Hawaii, on a luxurious cruise ship, for free!"


"But what about our meals? I happened to take a peek at the restaurant on the way to our cabin and it looks expensive.", Sally said. "No worries, I brought instant noodles!" beamed Harry. So for the following two days, Harry and Sally went suntanning on the top deck by the pool and when they were hungry, they went back to their cabin to cook instant noodles. While they were cooking their dinner on the second day, they heard a knock on their cabin door.
When Harry opened the door, the ship captain was standing outside.

"Good evening, sir. I was passing by and I detected the smell of cooking from your cabin." "Oh, we are just cooking instant noodles for our dinner." "Oh I see, but sir, why don't you have meals at the restaurant? There is a great variety of food available." Sally answered,"This is a bit embarrassing but we can't afford to eat at the restaurant. We need to conserve our cash for Hawaii."
"But ma'am, don't you know? All meals are free on board this ship! Did the travel agency hand you the brochure regarding this ship?" "Yes but we haven't really read it." "Well, ma'am, I suggest you read it in detail and discover all the privileges you get to enjoy on this ship but first, for starters, may I suggest you proceed to the restaurant for your free dinner."

After Harry and Sally finished their sumptuous dinner at the restaurant, they sat down in their cabin and began to read the brochure in detail. "Harry, we have wasted our last two days here!", Sally exclaimed, "All we did was suntanning. We could have had one hour of karaoke free every day, $10 free credits at the video arcade, a free rock climbing session, free movies and more!" "
If only someone had told us all this earlier! Thank God it's not too late, Sally. We still have 7 more days to enjoy before we reach Hawaii."


I had been a Christian for more than twenty years before I came to New Creation Church. I was attending an Assembly of God church, and even though I knew all the while that I will be going to heaven, I struggled in my Christian walk on earth.

The only thing I was glad about being a Christian was that I will be going to heaven but I did not enjoy being a Christian; I always felt that I was not up to God's standards, that I was not what God expected me to be. When I got into trouble, I had no assurance that God is able or would want to help me. I thought that it was all up to his whim and fancy; in theological jargon: it is all up to "God's will" because "God is sovereign".

How grateful I am that God led me and my family to NCC where Pastor Prince opens up the bible to us in a new light and shows us how righteous we are in the ship of Christ and all the rights and privileges we enjoy in the ship of Christ.

After I heard the really Good News about Christ in NCC, I felt the same way as Harry and Sally -"If only someone had told us all this earlier!" - and this is why I write this blog, to share with other Harrys and Sallys how we can all enjoy this cruise to heaven and not regret our wasted time.


Psalm 103:1-14
1BLESS (AFFECTIONATELY, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name!

2Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits--

3Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases,

4Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption, Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy;

5Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle's [strong, overcoming, soaring]!

6The Lord executes righteousness and justice [not for me only, but] for all who are oppressed.

7He made known His ways [of righteousness and justice] to Moses, His acts to the children of Israel.

8The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and plenteous in mercy and loving-kindness.

9He will not always chide or be contending, neither will He keep His anger forever or hold a grudge.

10He has not dealt with us after our sins nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great are His mercy and loving-kindness toward those who reverently and worshipfully fear Him.

12As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.

13As a father loves and pities his children, so the Lord loves and pities those who fear Him [with reverence, worship, and awe].

14For He knows our frame, He [earnestly] remembers and imprints [on His heart] that we are dust.

6 comments:

The Logical Mouse said...

Sorry to intrude.

Harry and Sally is a movie. Wake up.

Stanley Wong said...

This is my blog, my story. Shut up.

Joshen said...

Lol.... You reminded me of Ps Judah Smith..

"Shut up and let me tell it like I feel it! xD"

The Logical Mouse said...

Oh I see. So it was just a story. I thought what you wrote was for real. Ya, you were not asleep. Thanks for the explanation.

Daughter Of Sarah said...

TLM- the movie title you are referencing is WHEN HARRY MET SALLY by the way. =p

I thought you retired but I guess the need to criticise another's faith walk is a hard one to overcome.

The Logical Mouse said...

DOS

ya.. you are right. But are you referring to TLM or people who criticise others like Rev Kong Hee and you know lah... just read the blog.
Please take a look at the mirror first lor. Well, people who think they are given righteousness thinks they are right always, obviously !
Ok, I'll go off again... bye !