Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Would Have Despaired Unless

Are you feeling stressed out by a difficult situation you are facing? Are you feeling despair because it seems that there is nothing you can do about it? I was, for a little while.

I could do nothing except listen and listen to Pastor Prince's sermons again and again. What's the use of that? In the natural, it seems like a futile thing to do; just listening to an anointed pastor's preaching ... how is that going to change the situation? However, that is the way God works for you - "He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions." (Psalm 107:20) - God speaks and it is.

Yesterday, I was listening to a sermon which Pastor Prince preached in 2003 (The Key To A Victorious Life – Being Established In Righteousness) but how it spoke to me for my current situation right here right now. In his first sermon of 2011, Pastor Prince said that the theme for this year is Psalm 65:11 - "You crown the year with Your goodness, And Your paths drip with abundance." - which is also the exact same verse Pastor Prince quoted in this 2003 sermon! For me, this is God's now word to me that this is still a year crowned with His goodness despite the bad situation I'm facing. I don't know how God is going to do it but He will turn this evil day into good days for me somehow.

God also showed me how not to despair in the midst of my bad situation when Pastor Prince later quoted Psalm 27:13 - "I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living." This is the key.

Let me quote Pastor Prince:

"In the midst of our challenge, we got to believe in the goodness of God. When you encounter challenges this year, remember Psalms 27:13 ... you don't see it, you don't touch it, you don't experience it yet with your five senses but you believe in the goodness of the Lord ... God says in the midst of your trouble, you believe in His goodness, He will make you see His goodness in the land of the living, while you are still alive on Planet Earth, not in heaven ... in the here and now, we will see God's goodness ... Trust Him, when things go wrong, trust Him ... "
"Turn to Psalm 27:13 one more time ... did he say see to believe or believe to see? I have believed first, to see ... God wants us to believe to see, not see then believe, anyone can do that. The faith that pleases Him is God wants you to believe in His goodness, to see that goodness."

How is God going to make your bad situation good? I don't know but that is His job, not yours. Your job is to just believe; believe in the goodness of the Lord, believe that you would see the goodness of the Lord in the here and now ... then, you would not despair.

 

6 comments:

Joseph Librero said...

Hi I am looking for Grace blog similar to mine. I found yours. Hope to keep in touch. Shalom be with you.

Joseph Librero said...

Forgot to leave a link:
http://graceexperience.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Hi Brother-in-Christ,

When face a bad situation, cast the bad situation to Jesus nail-pierced hand and cast the result you want to His hand too. Tell Lord that you don't know how to handle it and pray to Him to take over for you. Don't worry but have a confidence expectation of Good as Jesus at the Cross has completed what you need.

Rest in His Shalom Peace and see how Lord delivers you. He is always faithful. Pray in the spirit a lot and see your result.

Shalom! Amen!

Stanley Wong said...

Amen, Stephanie, amen!

Liu said...

Check this out:

Is this real or hoax? some may term it "co-incidence". You judge it yourself.

http://www.mofa.go.jp/announce/announce/2010/3/0311_01.html

The announcement, if real, was made exactly 1 Year (11 March 2010) ago before the earthquake & tsunami.

God said to Abram in Genesis 12:3.
The amplified Bible explains that to look with disfavour on the Jews was to invite God's displeasure; to treat the Jews offensively was to incur His wrath. But to befriend the Jews was to bring down upon one's head the rewards of a promise that could not be broken.

My heart goes out to the people of Japan. I love Japan and has visited the country several times, the last one being 2 Novembers ago during the beauitful Autumn.

But I also know not to mess with God's chosen nation / people. Like Joshua, I know whose side I am on.

Shalom,
William

Stanley Wong said...

wow ... the world is still looking at Israel in the natural, not spiritual ...