Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ironman Daddy

In my May 27 post, I mentioned that I have taken over ironing duties from my wife, so nowadays every morning, the first thing I do is iron the family's clothes so that I can hang them on the window grille to catch as much morning sunlight as possible.

Ironing clothes is a chore to most people but someone in the family still needs to do it so that the whole family can look good when they go to school or work or just hang out with friends. I tell my sons that if they see a schoolmate whose uniform is always crumpled, it is a sign that he's facing some family problems.

I admit that sometimes I don't feel like ironing but strangely, once I start ironing, I do feel a certain satisfaction when I see the creases flatten out and disappear as the hot iron glides over the fabric.

A few days ago, as I was doing the ironing, the thought hit me that Daddy God enjoys ironing too. He also feels great satisfaction in ironing away the creases in the fabric of our lives, making it flat and smooth. I was reminded of this verse:

Isaiah 42:16
16And I will bring the blind by a way that they know not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness into light before them and make uneven places into a plain. These things I have determined to do [for them]; and I will not leave them forsaken.

I'm glad that I have a heavenly father who enjoys ironing ... Ironman Daddy, that's my God ;-)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thank you for this post! It reminds the paths Abba Father has been leading me these 5 years, from clearing one mountain to another mountain. One thing I learn is He is always Faithful! He has such Love for us that He will never forsaken us.

What we need to do in despair is to cry for the Name of Father or Jesus! He will come for the rescue! Or look to the Cross of Jesus, or believe that He is the God of Light and I am in His Resurrection Light.

No matter what about Him I trust, He surely come for the rescue. He is always a Faithful and Loving Daddy!