Monday, November 21, 2011

The Logical Christian - 3 Years On

When I published my first blog post on 15 Nov 2008, I wondered how long I could keep the blog going but in a blink of an eye, it seems, three years have flown by.

What got me started on my own blog was the frustration of being shouted down when I commented on other Christian blogs, sharing my views from the perspective of the grace gospel which I have been listening to in New Creation Church since October 2003.

I decided to start my own blog so that I could share the gospel without interference and hopefully what I share will benefit and touch others, just as I have benefited from and am touched by the sermons I heard in NCC.

Now three years on, I have realized that the one who benefited most from my blog is... me! I discovered that as the knowledge I learned in NCC flowed from my brain to my fingers, my mind gets clearer and clearer regarding the grace gospel with each tap of the keyboard. As the words flow from the keyboard to the computer screen, so too the revelations trickle down from my brain to my heart. The more I wrote about the Gospel, the more rooted in it I became.

My regular readers would have noticed that I have written very few posts this year. Well, this year I am not in sowing mode, rather, this year is the season of harvest for me. If you've read my earlier post, you should know by now that my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in February.

Naturally, when we first received the news, we were devastated and fearful. Thoughts of my wife's passing flashed through her and my mind and tears flowed from our eyes but after a few days, Selah... My wife and I turned from looking within ourselves and looked towards God. The goodness of Daddy God which I had written much of about for the past two years was brought to my remembrance. My heart was filled with hope because deep within, it remembered the faithfulness of Daddy God which I had shared through my blog.

Thank Daddy God that His Word which I have sown in my blog sustained my wife and me through this crisis. I pray that this blog sustains you too in your time of need.

4 comments:

blogpastor said...

I agree with you Stanley that we are a beneficiary of our blogging. Clearer thinking, deeper reflection, and learning from other's comments.

Joseph said...

Stanley, thanks for your blog. I really appreciate you sharing not only what you learned but also your life.:)

Joseph

Stanley Wong said...

Thanks, Joseph, for your encouraging words :-)

realitycheque said...

The "logical Christian" is an oxymoron.